Thursday, February 16, 2012

My Knee

My 7th grade summer I went to a summer camp called Lutheran Island Camp. First couple of days past and it was seeming to be like any other camp I had attended previously. Fishing, campfires, games etc. One day the camp as a whole was playing a game called Eagles Nest. The object of the game is to take the "eggs" from the other teams nest and bring it back to yours without being tagged. I was running with my counselor to the other teams nest, we grabbed one egg and were running back to our nest. An opposing team memeber was heading toward us to I passed off the egg to my counselor as I ran down a little divot in the ground, when suddenly I heard a loud pop and fell to the ground. An excruciating pain was coming from my left knee as I layed on the ground holding it. The camp counselors came over helped me to a bech and got me a bag of ice, and some crutches. My knee swelled up to the size of a grape fruit.One counselor told me he thought I had sprained my knee and to stay off of it for the rest of my time at camp, and that it should heal up fast. After the week was over and the camp was done my mom came and got me. She brought me straight to the emergency room. I got a couple of X-rays and soon found out that my simple "knee sprain that should heal up soon" wasn't so simple. Infact I had dislocated my knee and chipped part of my knee cap off. On top of that it required surgery to fix! So after I had gotten the surgery it took many doctors visits and physical therapy to get it to standard working position, but every since my knees haven't been the same since.

No comments: